We look forward to working with families and helping children reach their potential through an encouraging and nurturing environment.
We work with children 15 months or younger if they are deemed ready to join our program and follow our school routine. We ask parent to be comfortable with their child taking one afternoon nap.
Our daily activities range from:
• Music and movement such as dance, yoga, creative movement, instrument and rytham exploration, finger play
• Interactive story telling, songs and games in English, Spanish and Serbian languages
• Daily arts and crafts activities, painting, drawing, workbook/colorbook activities, etc.
• Play based learning of letters, numbers, shapes, weather, days, months, etc. introduced in English, Spanish and Serbian
• Special projects such as science, cooking, sensory exploration, and arts
• Manipulative play-- block building, puzzles, legos, table pegs, magnets, etc.
• Water and sand table exploration
• Make believe-- dress up
• Outdoors activities, field trips and environment exploration
Through these early childhood, age-appropriate activities your child will learn the foundation of reading, writing, reasoning and math skills that are necessary for later learning.
Through a mixture of guided and undirected creative play the children will learn about: colors, shapes, textures, numbers, letters, animals, seasons, feelings, senses, nutrition, personal hygiene, manners, discipline, basic science and math concepts, as well as creative concepts such as pretend play, art, music, drama, and dance.
We pay close attention to the distinctive learning styles and various developmental stages of each child in order to foster growth and individuality. At ChooChoo Chicago, we believe that a fun and safe educational setting leads to healthy and happy child development.
Full Time Program (FTP):
8am to 6pm (earlier drop off option is available at an additional fee)
For working parents looking for a home away from home for their children.
AM Program (AMP):
8:30am to 12:30pm
Ideal for SAHMs that are looking for some social/playtime for their little ones with in a group of peers.
Monday-Friday 9:30am to 12:30pm
June 17th-August 23rd 2019 (10 weeks of Summer Camp Fun)
Daily Activity Schedule
8:00-9:00 Arrival/Free Play
8:55-9:00 Clean up/Hello Everybody (We ask everybody to be here by this time!)
9:00-9:20 Movement (dancing, instrument exploration, yoga, creative movement)
9:20-9:40 Circle Time and Daily Lesson introduced in English, Spanish and Serbian
(singing, finger play, calendar time- days, months, seasons, weather, letters, numbers)
9:40-10:00 Creative Time
(arts&crafts, science projects, calendar- days, months, weather, letters, numbers)
10:00-10:30 Snack Time/Story time (snack provided by the school)
10:30-11:45 Large Motor Skills Development/Outdoors Activities
(playground, library, nature exploration, neighborhood walk)
11:45-12:00 Wash up/Get ready for lunch
12:00-12:30 Lunch (brought from home)
12:30-12:45 Pick up (AMP)/Get ready for nap (FTP)
1:00-3:00 Rest Period
3:00-4:00 Wake up and Snuggle/ Quiet Play
4:00-4:30 Snack Time (provided by the school)
4:30-6:00 Free-play/Pick Up